Friday, May 1, 2009

How hard.....................

is it to burn down a house???? Hmmmm, should you ever leave your kitchen when you have the burner on?? Should you always know where two devilish boys are at ALL times?? (OK that ones easy)
I was going to be going to dinner with my friends Wednesday night so I thought I would eat some WW 0 point soup for lunch. So I pull out my can, dump it in the pan, light the stove (yep, gas), well I left Makenna down stairs, so I went to check on her,she had dumped out a couple things in my scrap book room so I was cleaning it up and all of a sudden the fire alarm goes off, so I run up the stairs to find a pot holder on fire next to my soup, well a drawer is also right there with all the rest of the pot holders so the pot holders in the drawer have now started on fire. The fridge is also right there and of course it is adorned with all kinds of papers, so of course a couple of those were on fire. I really don't think I stopped to think, I pulled the papers off the fridge threw them in the sink, dumped water in the drawer, threw pot holders in the sink, one fell on the floor, dumped water on it, needless to say got the fire out, was a bit shaken, when I hear my wonderful little Jayden in the back yard yelling at the top of his lungs, "FIRE TRUCK, COME TO OUR HOUSE" over and over and over again!! So I laughed, wanted to murder me a couple of boys, but I laughed!!
I'm trying hard not to think of the what if this or what if that, cause I would make myself go crazy thinking of all the things I did wrong in that situation, thank goodness its over!!

3 comments:

Kasi said...

oh my gosh I would die!!! I am so glad it wasn't worse though!

TisforTonya said...

boys'll do anything to see a fire truck won't they?

Glad you caught it before it got too scary - quick thinking!!!

THE KNELL CREW said...

OMG! Okay that has to be the scariest thing ever! I am so glad that it wasn't worse!