Sunday, September 27, 2009

Butterflies.................

Yep, I got em!! I have only 6 days to the marathon, I'm feeling such a wide range of emotions, am I ready, has my injury set me back, am I going to screw my hips up even more, where are my freakin friends and why didn't they sign up (cause between you and me it has be HARD training without them), Wow it is finally here, I am strong, I can do anything I set my mind to, even alone, or not, my amazing husband, whom would get up (or at least try) at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday to take me to the top of marathon then stop at various increments to make sure I had gu and water and gum, he is just such an amazing guy, I am truly blessed!!
I think I m as ready as I'm going to be, I don't think my hips are going to truly get better until I quit running for a while, or do shorter runs, these 18 and 20 milers definitely don't help!! LOL
So for the rest of the week I'm sure the butterflies will intensify and peek at 6 am on October 3!! Anyone that wants to come say hi anywhere along the path or at the finish is greatly appreciated, thank you for all you prayers and support!!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Good luck!! I am so impressed by you doing this alone without your crappy friends..can't believe they are not running with you! :) You're awesome and such a great example to me!!

Sherrie said...

You can do it girl!!! Think how your are going to feel finishing this thing!!! And what dedication you have for going for it and by yourself!!!
Good luck!!!
Sherrie

shoo those butterflies away!!!