Monday, March 23, 2009

Work off, play ON!!!























This has been my modo all week (stolen from the Jazz, life off game on. I just revised it), and can I say we have really lived up to it!!

We started off last Saturday by going riding the motorcycles out at fort Pierce for the afternoon. Well everyone had such a fabulous time that we decided that, that was where we were going to go camping the next week!!

Then Monday we decided to go to Zion's to go hiking, but we got to late of a start and ended up going out to Irvin's to find these petrogliphs that Randy read about in the paper, still not sure if we found the ones from the paper but we did find some so the kids were happy!!

Then Tuesday we tried a little harder to get to Zion earlier, still didn't happen but we had more time so we went. We hiked up to the Emerald pools, we went as far as the second pool. I was so nervous, I kept thinking about one of the tile store owner his boy 15 years old went off one of the hikes and died, so it makes me pretty crazy! But it was a ton of fun! The kids were mad at us when we wouldn't go all the way to the third pool, but they have gotten over it!! Then Grandma Taylor and Uncle Kenny came up for the afternoon to watch Michale's first softball game!!

Wednesday was the day the kids could hardly wait for, campin day!! So we went back out to fort Pierce, we had a blast!! The kids rode and rode, we all went on rides together, Randy would take some of the kids, we all, well not all mostly just Colton and I, got to much sun!! Jayden was doing awesome on the 4-wheeler, wonder where he gets all that standin up from, I wont mention any names, Daddy!!! Monica was doing awesome also, she is definitely not the careful one, Merissa takes that one, no she hops on and guns it, we fallow behind Merissa doing 8-10 mph, then she switches with Monica and were doing about 20 mph!! One time when the girls had just switched again and Merissa was driving again and Jayden and Monica were behind me, I heard this little conversation,
Jayden: Monica, why do you drive so fast??
Monica: Because its fun!! (duh)

Jayden: You know you make mom nervous when you drive so fast!!

Monica: But I like to go fast, it makes my hair blow!
Jayden: Monica, you know you make me nervous too!! Its just not safe!!

Monica: Jayden I'm just having fun, OK!!

So funny I laughed so hard, inside of course, cause he was sounding just like me!! LOL

We came home Saturday afternoon, cleaned up and relaxed, well some of us relaxed while some of us ran, went to the store, and did laundry!!










Sunday was church and more relaxing, Then Monday we went to Cedar to get a check, and took the kids to lunch and then to discovery park where I sat in the car most of the time because it was freakin cold!! And lets face it I live in St.George for a reason!! Then Mom and dad went to dinner and drove around and visited for a while, that was really nice!!





We had such an awesome spring break I really do hate to see it end, I just love spending so much time with my kids and all the bonding that goes on, its just the best, thank everyone for the best week ever!!
Oh and Monica is officially riding with no training wheels, and yes she is 7 years old, but I tried and tried, even her little brother who has been riding for 2 years without training wheels tried, but alas she has finally done it good job babe!!

1 comment:

THE KNELL CREW said...

Looks like you guys had a great time I was wondering when you were gonna post! We didn't do much we hung out at the park mostly but the kids loved the sunshine!