Saturday, January 31, 2009

Makenna thinks.................


Sweet potatoes are YUMMY!! I had all but given up on feeding this little sweetie food, she was just not happy eating. Well I think I have another picky eater, because bingo I have found something she likes! Given I haven't tried a whole lot since I make all my own baby food, really just rice cereal and Apple sauce (which I thought she would love) but was not thrilled with either. In the mornings I always eat my fiber one and yogurt, well she had been wanting to have bites of my yogurt so I would give her some and she liked it (duh, its so sweet)! So when I went to the store I had bought sweet potatoes for dinner and I grabbed an extra for her! She loved it!! So all is not lost, she will be eating more regularly! I did also get her some of those little puffed fruit things and she loves those too!



The other night the primary president called and asked to speak to Monica, when she got off the phone all I new was that she had to be to the stake center at 3:15 on Saturday, and something about learn about baptism!! Well, I'm thinking wow we are going to get one of those fun great to be 8 meetings, so I go to take her, and I'm thinking to myself hmmmmmmmmmmmm, we better have a skirt or dress on in case we are in the chapel, thank goodness, we get there and her class, (three little girls) are singing a baptism song for the stake baptisms. She did great, I was really proud of her not getting all nervous and shy, I'm very proud of my sweet little girl. And I as I sat there and listened to the talks and felt the sweet spirit of our heavenly father and Jesus in that room, and the love that these sweet children have for them, and the excitement of finally reaching that goal!! It just really touched my heart and whispered to my spirit and I felt all the love our father in heaven has for us, and how much he wants us to succeed in this life and return to him, and I rejoice in this, I love him with all my heart and Am so thankful for his blessings, for eternal family's and for the knowledge that we have eternity to be together, because there is no one I would rather spend it with than my family!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Sweet potatoes have always been a first favorite for each of my kids! Fun stuff!! Thanks for your ending comments - I needed to hear that today!! (:

TisforTonya said...

there really was a strong feeling in that room... it's amazing to see these kids grow and make such big decisions!

glad she loves sweet potatoes - if she eats enough she's going to have that happy yam complexion :)

THE KNELL CREW said...

Happy belated birthday! I miss talking to you, so I love that I get a chance to catch up with your blog. Makenna is so stinkin cute! Talk to you soon! Nat :0)